- To return to the general FAQ page click here
- All the registration information including event description, and pricing is on the Registration Page.
- Please see below for all Registration Questions. If you have a specific concern not addressed here please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have two bookings for the event, my main Frankie 100 event booking and a Personalize booking. What’s the difference?
- How do I log-in to my bookings?
- Can I make changes to my booking?
- How do I make an outstanding payment?
- Why didn’t I receive a confirmation e-mail?
- I haven’t signed up for any electives yet. Is it too late?
- I didn’t personalize my booking or sign up for electives. I know that it’s too late to do this, but will I still be able to participate in cultural activities, workshops, panels, and all that other good stuff?
- Which workshops, Onesies, and pre-paid cultural activities still have space?
- I registered with a partner, but they’re not longer attached to my booking. What happened?
- I decided that I want to compete, but I didn’t sign up when I registered. What should I do?
- Are passes refundable or transferable?
- I bought a pass from an XL man but I’m an XS female. Can I change the t-shirt size?
- I have an outstanding balance. How do I make a payment?
- How do I pay the administration fee?
- How will I be able to pay for my ticket?
- Can I pay for my ticket in instalments?
- I’m from another country, there are special rates for foreigner attendees?
- What do I need to know about check-in?
- I just want to come to the dances. Will there be tickets available at the door?
- What about billeting? Where can I stay in New York?
- What events are included in my Frankie-100 Pass?
FOR ANYONE WHO PURCHASED TICKETS IN PERSON IN NEW YORK, OR ANYONE ON THE GUEST LIST, THESE ARE YOUR INSTRUCTIONS FOR THURSDAY NIGHT:
- Instead of a ticket, you will receive a one night wristband.
- To pick up your wristband, there will be a special check-in around the corner at Welcome to Harlem (2360 8th Ave, New York, NY 10027). Please try to pick your wristband up at least 30 minutes early, but we recommend arriving even earlier. Please note that seating is general admission so you’ll want to arrive early to get a good seat.
- If you’re running extremely late, in the last 5 minutes before the show please go directly to the Apollo and we’ll do our best to accommodate you but if you’re in the 7pm show it might mean pushing you to the 10pm show so please try to arrive early to avoid complications.
- For anyone who registered through the online system for full weekend packages or Bookend Packages, please ignore these instructions and follow the regular check-in instructions instead at http://frankie100.com/festival-a-z/check-in/
I have two bookings for the event, my main Frankie 100 event booking and a Personalize booking. What’s the difference?
Every dancer has two bookings, their main Frankie 100 event booking and their “Personalize Your Frankie 100 Experience!” booking. (We refer to the latter as the “Personalize” booking.) The main Frankie 100 event booking contains your event pass, Thursday Apollo tickets, Monday night Grande Finale Party, Hellzapoppin’ competition registration, and t-shirts and other merchandise. The “Personalize” booking is for workshops, film festival, panels, cultural activities, and other electives.
How do I log-in to my bookings?
You should have received confirmation e-mails for both your main Frankie 100 event booking and your Personalize booking. You can return to either of your bookings at any time by following the link at the bottom of either of your confirmation e-mails. You can also access your Personalize booking by returning to your main Frankie 100 event booking and clicking on “To personalize your booking, click here.”
Can I make changes to my Registration?
The deadline has now passed for adding Thursday and Monday tickets and elective activities to your bookings, and Personalize Your Frankie 100 Experience! is now closed.
How do I make an outstanding payment?
In order to make an outstanding payment, you will need the link that is located at the bottom of your confirmation e-mail. This is a unique link for your individual booking and no password is required.
Once you return to your booking, there is a link at the top that allows you to pay. It looks like this:
Pay outstanding balance with Paypal now
To make outstanding payments for Apollo tickets, Monday night tickets, the Hellzapoppin’ Competition, and merchandise, log-in to your main Frankie 100 event booking. For workshops and cultural activities, log-in to your Personalize booking. Click here for an explanation of what these different bookings are an how to log-in to them.
Merchandise orders and workshop fees are non-refundable.
Why didn’t I receive a confirmation e-mail?
All registrations should have automatically received a confirmation e-mail at the time of booking. This includes both registrants with an event pass and dancers on the waiting list. If you did not receive a confirmation e-mail, there are two possible explanations: (1) You typed your e-mail address incorrectly in the form or (2) you didn’t actually successfully register for Frankie 100. If you think that you’re missing your confirmation e-mail, get in touch and we’ll try to help: email@example.com. (Remember to check your spam folder first, just in case!)
I haven’t signed up for any electives yet. Is it too late?
The deadline has now passed for adding elective activities to your bookings, and Personalize Your Frankie 100 Experience! is now closed. You can still log-in and view your booking, but you can’t make any changes. In general, we are not honouring (or responding to) late Personalize requests. There are some exceptions to this! See below.
I didn’t personalize my booking or sign up for electives. I know that it’s too late to do this, but will I still be able to participate in cultural activities, workshops, panels, and all that other good stuff?
Our intent is to make the weekend activities as flexible as possible for Frankie 100 event pass holders, and to accommodate as many dancers as possible in the elective activities. Many, but not all, cultural activities will have room for drop-ins. Extra tickets for film festivals and panels will be available at check-in, and will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis. We cannot guarantee your spot in any elective activity if you did not sign up in advance. If you have any questions about this, please ask staff at the information table or at check-in when you arrive.
Dancers MUST sign-up in advance for all electives that require pre-payment. This includes, but is not limited to, all workshop tracks and Onesies, as well as the Gospel Brunch, Harlem walking tour, and Architecture tour.
Which workshops, Onesies, and pre-paid cultural activities still have space?
There is currently is space in the pre-paid activities listed below. If you would like to sign-up for any of these elective activities, please ask during check-in. This list is current as of Friday, May 23 at 11:15am. We cannot guarantee your spot in any of these electives.
1:10-2:20pm Rhythm Variations with Sakarias Larsson & Jessica Lennartson (Advanced) LEADS ONLY
2:30-3:40 Keepin It Real with Sakarias Larsson (Advanced) LEADS ONLY
3:50-5:00pm The Music and the Moves with Rikard Ekstrand & Jenny Deurell (Beginner/Intermediate) LEADS ONLY
I registered with a partner, but they’re not longer attached to my booking. What happened?
In order to help us better manage registration, we have split up all partners into two separate bookings. You both should have received updated confirmation e-mails with links to your updated individual bookings. The dancer that made the initial registration retained the original booking ID number, and their partner received a new booking ID number.
I decided that I want to compete, but I didn’t sign up when I registered. What should I do?
You can still compete! After you’ve registered for your pass you can change your registration and register for the Hellzapoppin’ competition, or buy a t-shirt, or any number of things.
The deadline for pass transfers has now passed. If you met the May 16th deadline and already sent us the name of the person taking your pass, rest assured that you are in queue. We are processing pass transfer requests in the order that we received them and will get back to you as soon as we can.
I bought a pass from an XL man but I’m an XS female. Can I change the t-shirt size?
For the moment, no. You’ll need to check-in and take the t-shirt that you ordered. Then, on Saturday, Sunday or Monday you can take the t-shirt to the merchandise booth at Terminal 5 and if there are extra shirts, we will do our best to change the size. However, there are no guarantees that we’ll be able to swap out your shirt in which case you can swap it with someone else in the same boat or sell it to a friend.
I have an outstanding balance. How do I make a payment?
If your outstanding balance is related to Thursday or Monday tickets or merchandise, log-in to your main Frankie 100 event booking and click “Pay outstanding balance with PayPal now.” If your outstanding balance is related to workshops or cultural activities, log-in to your Personalize booking and click “Pay outstanding balance with PayPal now.”
How do I pay the administration fee?
Once we receive and begin processing your request, we’ll add a $25 charge to your booking. We’ll send you a note to let you know that the process is in motion, and you’ll be able to pay this fee by following the link in your confirmation e-mail to return to your booking.
How will I be able to pay for my ticket?
We will only be accepting payments through PayPal. Your ticket for Frankie 100 is not confirmed until you have paid in full. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
I’m from another country, there are special rates for foreigner attendees?
There is only one rate for attendance to the event, but people with financial need should fill out the volunteer form to apply for a staff position. Positions are not guaranteed, but we will certainly take financial need into account. Please visit our Volunteers page to sign up.
- Please bring photo ID.
- Check-in times and locations can be found here.
- All dancers MUST check-in for the weekend before participating in any events. (Exceptions: (a) Dancers participating in Thursday morning cultural activities may check-in on Thursday afternoon; (b) Anyone who does the partial check-in at the Alhambra Ballroom on Thursday may complete check-in at the Hudson on Friday.)
- We encourage you to log back into your bookings before heading to New York and make sure that you’re signed up (and paid) for everything that you think you’ve signed up for. That way, there will be no surprises when you get to New York and check-in will be much faster for you — and also for everyone else. If you have any questions about your booking please contact email@example.com
- If you want a print-out of your bookings, please bring that with you. We are not going to be printing out individual confirmations during check-in. If you are going to print, we recommend that you log-in to the registration system and print from there. It has the most up-to-date information about your booking.
I just want to come to the dances. Will there be tickets available at the door?
There are tickets for the Monday Night Gala only and they must be purchased in advanced here. There will not be any tickets for the other nights and no tickets at the door for any events.
What about billeting? Where can I stay in New York?
We will not be arranging billeting. We are however working on a whole page of information of where to stay in New York City. The information will be on the Accommodation page.
Over 24 hours of evening dances at Terminal 5 with incredible live bands, special performances and other surprises. On top of that, each night will include special events including: the opening ceremony on Friday night, a special presentation “Frankie Manning; Remembering the Man” on Saturday night, and a New Years Eve style party to ring in Frankie’s Birthday on Sunday night.
More than five Big Bands and over 10 live bands over the course of the event!
Discounted rates for the Thursday night Apollo Show and Monday night grande finale Gala. Tickets are still available for the show. If you would like to purchase tickets, follow the links in your booking confirmation email to revise your booking.
The legendary Hellazpoppin’ Competition on Saturday Afternoon.
Daytime events showcasing New York City including: Dancing in Central Park and Harlem Day!
The Commemorative Frankie 100 Booklet – a terrific souvenir for you to take home.
THE MAIN EVENTS – DAY BY DAY
Each day at Frankie 100 will consist of a main event as well as some secondary events. Here’s a list of each day’s main event programming:
Thursday – Frankie 100 is pleased to put on The Show at Harlem’s World Famous Apollo Theater (opt-in seatings at 7pm or 10pm) with after parties at the Alhambra Ballroom and Providence NYC until 4am.
Friday – Dancing in Central Park by day; if it rains, there is an alternate indoor location available to full weekend participants only. By night, the Opening Ceremony of our primary event venue with incredible live music and dancing until 4am at Terminal 5.
Saturday – The prelims for the Hellzapoppin’ Competition will happen during the day. Nighttime activities will include a special opening presentation entitled “Frankie Manning; Remembering the Man” at Terminal 5, again followed by social dancing to incredible live music until 4am.
Sunday – During the day, we invite you to join us for An Afternoon at Herräng. At night, we ring in Frankie’s Birthday with a New Year’s Eve style party and dancing to incredible live music until 4am.
Monday – Harlem Day with a special ceremony at the Savoy Plaque, and a parade Adam Clayton Powell Plaza with dancing, music and performances in the Plaza throughout the day. In the evening, the inaugural World Lindy Hop Day party and Birthday Gala on Frankie’s actual birthday at Terminal 5 with celebrations and incredible live music until 2am.
For a full visual of the event schedule in spreadsheet form, please click here.
THURSDAY NIGHT AFTER PARTIES
Are you excited about The Show at Harlem’s World Famous Apollo Theater? We sure are! You might also be wondering about the after parties. Because of limited capacity at our after party venues, we’ve set up specific selections on the “Personalize your Frankie 100 Experience” form. To help the event run smoothly, please let us know which Thursday night options you will be attending.
If you have not yet personalized your experience, it’s not too late to sign-up for many secondary programs! The original email was sent on February 14th with the subject “Personalize Your Frankie 100 Experience in just three easy steps!” and has been re-posted on our blog here. Just follow the instructions in that message.
Initially, many of our secondary programs sold out during the Personalize Your Frankie 100 Experience selection process. However, as we finalize our venue capacities, we will be sure to release updated information regarding availability for these programs.
Do you have friends who will be in NYC but are not attending the full event? Frankie 100 will offer a variety of events that are open to the public, including Friday’s Dancing in Central Park (weather-permitting) and Monday’s Harlem Day, as well as some programming at Lincoln Center. Don’t forget to tell your non-dancing friends about the special Beginner Workshops for Adults and Seniors too! Not to mention the Youth Programs.
Some events are free, and for those that require tickets they are on sale on the Events Open to the Public page.
Are you as excited as we are?
If you have a specific question not answered here please contact the registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org.