Monday, May 26th – Frankie Manning’s Birthday, the inauguration of World Lindy Hop Day & special daytime events in Harlem.
- 12pm: Savoy Ballroom Plaque Commemorative Ceremony, Lenox Ave, bet 140th & 141st
- 1pm: Parade Procession through Harlem
- 2pm – 4pm: World Lindy Hop Day event with the Harlem Rennaissance Orchestra, performances & more! P.S. 175 school yard, between Lenox Avenue (Malcolm X Blvd.) and Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. Blvd.
The procession route:
- Start at Savoy Ballroom Plaque, east side of Lenox Ave. Bet 140th & 141st
- Walk to 139th & turn right, cross street going westbound on 139th street walk to Adam Clayton Blvd & make left walk to 138th and make left
- Walk eastbound on 138th (points of interest: Frankie lived at 109 West 138th & went to summer camp at Abyssinia Baptist Church)
- Walk to Lenox Ave and make right to West 135th cross street and make right to PS 175 school yard.
- Arrive at the school yard for live music, dance performances, social dancing